Pioneering drugs that remedy once intractable diseases; clever products that make everyday living easier for people with injury or illness; innovative technologies that provide relief at a touch of a button; by all measures, 2017 has been a year of astounding health care advancements. Here are some of the ways medical trailblazers and researchers are creating fresh possibilities for you and your family.
- Easing Sickle Cell’s Pain
- The Bionic Eye, tiny cameras that restore vision
- The Quell device, a pain relief without drugs
- Dental Fillings that repair themselves
- Chemo without hair loss
- Glasses that help you breath
- The Exoskeleton for use in the rehabilitation by stroke survivors and some people with spinal cord injuries