Pioneering drugs that remedy once intractable diseases; clever products that make everyday living easier for people with injury or illness; innovative technologies that provide relief at a touch of a button; by all measures, 2017 has been a year of astounding health care advancements. Here are some of the ways medical trailblazers and researchers are creating fresh possibilities for you and your family.
1. Easing Sickle Cell’s Pain
2. The Bionic Eye, tiny cameras that restore vision
3. The Quell device, a pain relief without drugs
4. Dental Fillings that repair themselves
5. Chemo without hair loss
6. Glasses that help you breath
7. The Exoskeleton for use in the rehabilitation by stroke survivors and some people with spinal cord injuries